Tuesday, October 11, 2011

By Sea / By Land: The Hathaway Sessions

Annnnnddddd it's done! Finally. It took longer than I had originally planned but Kyle was pretty awesome at coming up with ideas, layers, instruments, etc... that I just couldn't turn any of it down. I owe a lot of this recording to him. He breathed life into some of the older songs and almost all of the really cool vocal arrangements were his idea.  He's a good dude, glad to have him in my life. Otherwise, it's an odd, slightly eclectic collection of songs, spanning a few different genres.  Guess that's what i get for listening to such an odd collection of music.


So feel free to go download it, give it a few listens, recommend it to your friends, etc... I hope you like it, cause I'm really proud of it, but if you don't, that's ok too, just act like you do so your friends will think it's the cool thing to be listening too.

And thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement to get it done, especially you hef, it's greatly appreciated.

I created a facebook page, so go "like" it. https://www.facebook.com/byseabyland

Download/listen to it at the bandcamp site: http://byseabyland.bandcamp.com

Next up, I've already gotten about 3.5 new songs written, that are a slightly different style than what's on this album. I'm also toying with the idea of writing an EP about two of my favorite books, Maniac Magee and The Giver.  That'll be an entirely new type of challenge, to write songs that don't necessarily reflect something in my life but I think it'll be a fun, little project.

Anyways, I hope whomever of you listen/download it, enjoy it. Much love.

X

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites