Friday, July 22, 2011

oh life...

so the past week and a half has been a roller coaster of sorts. i've written this blog post a couple of times and then promptly deleted it. it's not that i haven't wanted to write, it's actually all i've done, just didn't want to write a blog post. but here's a quick life update.

brianne and i are no longer together, she felt she needed time a part to work on herself and even though it sucks and i miss her, i'll respect the decision (don't really have a choice i guess, but you know what i mean) and give her the space she wants.

had an interview for a job in charlotte finally. not sure if it's something i want to do, some of it seems alright but a lot of it seems like it really wouldn't challenge me at all. granted, they have to offer me the job first so not going to get too ahead of myself. hopefully though this will at least get the ball rolling and i can start having more interviews.

i got to see bayside live, finally. they've been one of my favorite bands for a long while and have been on heavy rotation for the past couple of weeks. they didn't disappoint, played great songs from all of their albums and so much fun to watch play. it was nice to be able to forget about life for a couple of hours and just enjoy live music. plus mark came down from g'boro so we got to hang for a while which is always a good thing.

i've been writing a lot. at least 2-3 pages a day of just free writing. i've found that it helps me focus my song writing to be of a more concise, central theme/idea instead of all over the spectrum like it has been in the past. plus it's a great way to write out emotions, feelings, thoughts, fears, etc... without worrying about syllables and melody and whatever else. just get it all out there on paper and make sense of it later. i wrote about 5 pages yesterday since i had a couple of hours to kill in a starbucks before ryan and ash got home and i think i've got at least a couple of songs in all of that mess.

i think i'm going to start going back to jujitsu soon so i'm not just sitting around every evening and kyle and i have been getting together to write new metal songs a couple of times a week. when that's not going on, i'm writing my own music. trying to stay busy as much as i can.

2011, you've been one hell of a roller coaster and we're only seven months in...

4 comments:

I'm definitely gonna try to get you that book soon, man! :D Got it half way finished but if you're writing that much I'll try to speed it up a bit ;) Should have it ready for ya next week sometime.
And...you should teach me jujitsu. cause that would be awesome.

haha that's what i meant by separating my writing, if i start working on a song, it gets buried underneath 4-5 pages of free writing so i have designated your book as my songwriting book. and i would totally teach you jujitsu next time we hang out...unless the next time i see you is at your wedding, that wouldn't be very appropriate.

lol no, I feel like that would be perfect! Jujitsu in my wedding dress--great picture opp.

I aim to come to Charlotte sometime soon, I've been wanting to forever it's just finding the time. But when I do I'll let you know and with any luck maybe you can make it up and hang out with me and the hefners. I miss hanging out with ya'll a ton.

haha "so does anyone know that kid that put the bride in a triangle choke?" haha

couldn't agree more, it's been entirely too long since we've hung out. i'll keep ya posted on when i'll be in charlotte and hopefully we can work something out

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites